MARIN & SONOMA’S #1 APARTMENT BROKER: Total Multi-Family Investment Transactions
Scott Gerber started in the multifamily brokerage business in 1989 in Marcus and Millichap’s Chicago office. Since 1989, Scott has closed $1,065,386,500 in commercial transactions totaling over 7,850 residential units and 300,000 square feet of retail, industrial and office space. In addition, he has represented Bridge Housing and other non-profit owners in the acquisition of over 600 units for affordable housing.
Having represented a wide array of private investors, non-profit groups and syndications for over 29 years, he has always stuck with a simple model of apartment brokerage. “Always provide the highest level of service to the client based on a foundation of current accurate information.” Other qualities of importance: “Love what you do, be involved in your local community, be different by being better at what you do, and always shoot straight with people.”
That direct approach has helped Scott succeed in a competitive business, starting NorCal Commercial, Inc. in Larkspur in 2006 and serving on the board of directors of the North Coast Rental Housing Association for many years and as its president in 2007 and 2008. In addition, Gerber founded the North Bay Investment Real Estate Conference featuring keynote speaker Ken Rosen in 2007 and 2008.
Mr. Gerber is dedicated to market research and produces annual market rent reports for over 15,000 units in Marin and Sonoma Counties. Since 2011, he has served as an expert witness, using his expertise in the field to represent parties in cases involving apartment property valuations and real estate practices. He is available as a private consultant for expert witness work.
Scott strongly values community and founded the charity event known as the Kickball Showdown, which pits North Bay residential real estate agents against commercial real estate agents and has raised over $60,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Bay. Gerber has also been a Big Brother since 1985. Scott resides in San Rafael with his wife Jessica and has three daughters that are his “pride and joy”. He enjoys golf, mountain biking, skiing, music and housing related charity work.
“Bradley Commercial Real Estate is a local North Bay real estate company with offices in Marin, Petaluma and Santa Rosa. I look forward to bringing my clients an even greater experience than in the past with our proprietary menu of custom tailored resources as a catalyst to facilitate spot on decision making.” – Scott Gerber
- Bradley Real Estate 2017 #1 Top Producer Award: Multi-Family Division
- Bradley Real Estate Chairman’s Club 2016, 2017
- CoStar Power Broker – SF North Bay 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- CIMNB Award-Greatest Number of Closed Transactions 1999, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2014
- CIMNB Transaction of the Year – 2009, 2012, 2014, 2017
- CIMNB Agent of the Year – 2007, 2013
- Site Aquistion Committee – Habitat for Humanity
- Santa Rosa Rental Inspection Working Group 2016-17
- Marin County Afforable Housing Working Group 2016-17
- Board Member – Marin Housing Development Corporation 2010-2013
- Board Member – Marin County Housing Development Finance Corporation 2010-2013
- President – North Coast Rental Housing Association 2007, 2008
- Moderator – 2008 Sonoma County Green Housing Panel
- Founder – North Bay Investment Real Estate Conference
- Founder – Kickball Showdown – benefiting Boys & Girls Clubs
- Member – Marin Income Property Association
- Member – Commercial Investment Marketing Association – North Bay
- Member – California Apartment Association
- Member – North Coast Rental Housing Association
- National Multi Housing Council
- BRIDGE Housing Corporation – Alan & Ruth Stein Education Associate Program
- California Apartment Association Political Action Committee
- California Department of Real Estate License #01138762
- B.S. Forest Products Business Management, University of Idaho